Tuesday, January 10, 2012



Hi!

I am currently on my way to the airport where I will meet up with the students I will be spending the next three months with! After that we will board our flight and be on our way to Coimbatore, India! Its crazy to think after months of preparation, this day is finally here!

I thought I would just do a general overview what the next three months are going to be like for me.

I will be living and studying in Coimbatore, India, which is in the southernmost state of India, Tamil Nadu. The college I will be attending is the Bishop Appasamy College of Arts and Sciences. I will be taking 16 hours of classes here, consisting of several Indian culture/religion classes, an international business class, an internship, and a class on poverty and social justice in India. I will be living with the other students from my program in an apartment within walking distance of the campus. We will eat most of our meals at the campus cafeteria, but also have a kitchen in our apartment.

I’m not sure exactly how good Internet will be over there, but hopefully this will be a good way to post pictures and stories about what I’m doing in India! Other ways to communicate with me will be email (asbuchan@mail.snu.edu), skype (ashleighbuchanan), twitter (ash_buchanan), facebook, and carrier pigeons.

Thanks for reading, next time I post on here it will be from India!

Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment